Monday, July 27, 2015

20mm WW2 - US M3A1 halftracks


Well, these took me a while to finish. They were 90% done in Januari and I've been staring at them on my workbench since. Until last month... I finally had the courage to paint the stowage and do some final weathering so I could clear them from my desk. 
These will be useful as support options for CoC  but I particularly look forward using them in a Bartlegroup Overlord game. We use this rules for our platoon+ multi-player games and we have been struggling with the infantry to keep up with the armour. Probably our mistake as we are learning the game but at least I now have more options deploying the infantry.
Just a few more US vehicles to post, in the meantime I just started work on the Germans...Cammo :)

1/72 Halftracks are from The Plastic Soldier Company. Extra stowage from Black Dog and the figures are AB. 




































24 comments:

  1. These look sensational Michael, love the set up in the final photographs at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work.
    I really like the look of the table too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work Michael !
    Good for you that you finished this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work Michael !
    Good for you that you finished this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding work! My most sincere congratulations. Impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First rate work Mike and the way you have staged the photographs is great .
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid looking AFV's! With stuff like that on the table it must be a great experience to have a game or two. Too bad there's not that much vehicle stowage out there for 28mm vehicles :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work AFV's Mike!! Your terrain board looks outstanding! You sure do make a good advertisement for doing 20mm WWII!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! I love all the extra stowage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb painting on the vehicle and figures, finished off with some great looking terrain. Likewise, working on German camo at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Michael,
    Vehicle looks great all kitted out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful job Mike! Love the pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outstanding photos, very impressive! Love this vehicle...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looking work!!! Could you tell us what colors you are using for your dirt and roads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Jay. Unfurtunately I don't know as I bought them pre painted. The ones from the top pictures from Early War Miniatures and the ones on the last pictures from Encobertura. For dirt I use MIG pigments, I make a mix from their earth colours (Dark, European and some Dust)

      Delete
  15. Absolutely stunning stuff Michael! The weathering and stowage really bring these vehicles to life - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete