Tuesday, January 25, 2011

28mm Napoleonic Peninsular British

First ones up here are some 28mm British units I painted to join my little Spanish army. 3rd Buffs in units of 12 for Sharp practice, our favorite set of rules for Napoleonics now by TooFatLardies.

The first ones I did were plastics from Victrix. I liked them a lot and there is plenty of room for variation in the box. However I found the time it took me to assemble/glue them very time consuming. I think and hope the newer ranges are a lot easier now.



So I tried the Perry box. Easier to assemble and they make a nice firing line.


Photobucket

Ok these are different poses but what happens if you mix them..Judge for yourself but I must say that it is different from behind. The backpacks differ in size. A lot.

Photobucket
I wanted to expand these to units to 24 but I ran into Offensive Miniatures and wanted to give those a try because of their marching poses.
Photobucket

So I end up with three different units from three different manufactures. I plan to paint some more of them but you guessed it, which? Not sure yet.

Last ones up are the Big Men. Testing the use of thumbnails as well...


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I went for a pretty clean look with these units. For red I used a base of GW Dark Flesh. I mixed in more GW Blood red with each layer until pure and i think I ended with a final Foundry bright red. For white I used Foundry Arctic Grey triad.
The gallery for the British is here if you want larger pictures.


2 comments:

  1. These are lovely Michael,
    Really inspiring to any Napoleonic painter.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of painting these! Can't wait to see them on the table.

    ReplyDelete