Saturday, May 28, 2011

Battery Command

Slowly I am finishing the current batch of Confederate commanders. The regular readers might be aware that my battery haven't yet seen action despite playing three games. Maybe it helps if I give them a officer to lead them to the table. If that still does not work, I will do a limber next to just ride them on the battlefield.




























Three more bases of commanders nearly done but I need to wait for new flags to arrive. I ruined one while in a hurry to open the door and for the Brigade General I decided to use a Georgia State flag which I do not have. I was not sure what flag to use for the BG but decided on the State flag since all regiments are Georgian anyway. Next week a game. Napoleonic organized by RobP with the new scenery from Hovels that arrived last week. Looking forward to it.
Minis Redoubt, flag from GMB.

12 comments:

  1. une très belle peinture,qui reste du même haut niveau de qualité sur tout le blog.
    superbe,ce blog est un plaisir pour les yeux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very, very nice. I especially like your basing with the flowers and all. Not that the rest is ugly, far from it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with maxson, a very nice paint job, like the rest of your work.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work. Very nice paint job and the basing looks spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup excellent stuff Mike! And the basing really compliments the figures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful painting as usual! Looking forward to the limber.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again. Merci Maxson, welcome..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well shoot. Every time I feel like my painting is improving you post something else and then I have to keep tweaking. I've learned a lot from your posts and I'm trying to incorporate some of your techniques into my style. Thanks and keep up the good work!

    (These are beautiful by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rather spiffing old chap - it's inspired me to paint up some Generals for my ACW stuff.

    ReplyDelete